Bear in mind that in addition to rail travel, Eurailpass, Eurail Saverpass,
Eurail Saver Flexipass, Eurail Flexipass, Eurail Youthpass and Eurail Youth
Flexipass entitles you to many bonuses, such as transportation by ferries, steamers
and buses either entirely free or at a discount. As a rule, these must be obtained
locally and only the companies listed below will honor your pass. Others may
provide identical services, but you will not get a special fare, so read the
instructions thoroughly and check carefully before committing yourself. The
following bonuses are granted for 2004. Use of a free
transportation bonus requires use of a travel day. Use of a reduction bonus
does not require use of a travel day.
- 50% reduction on normal fares for the ferry
crossing Travemünde to Trelleborg (Sweden) on the 'TT-Line'.
- Goup/student rate applicable for the ferry crossing Rostock - Helsinki on the
Finnjet; If booked ealiest 7 days before departure, 50% discount
on adult normal fare in Budget or Tourist I S classes.
- 50% reduction on the full fare of the 'TR-Line' for the ferry crossing Rostock
- Trelleborg (Sweden).
- 50% reduction on regular boat service on Lake Constance between Romanshorn and
Friedrichshafen and between Rorschach and Lindau.
- Reduced fare on the Freiburg (Breisgau) - Schauinsland rack railroad.
- 50% reduction on boat day trips operated between Passau and Linz or vice versa
by 'Wurm & Köck'
- 40% reduction to Eurail Youthpass holders on the roundtrip bus fare Braunschweig
- Berlin or vice versa operated by 'Bayem Express' and 'P. Kuhn
- 25% reduction on the mountain railroad Garmisch Partenkirchen - Grainau - Zugspitzplatt
and on some cable cars in the summit area.
- 75% reduction on the regular Europabus routes:
- EB 189 Burgenstrasse (Castle Road)
only from May till September: Mannheim - Heidelberg - Heilbronn
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Ansbach - Nuremberg.
- EB 190 Romantische Strasse (Romantic Road) only from May till October: Frankfurt/M
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber - Füssen.
Reservation is strongly recommended and
can be secured in advance via Deutsche Touring in Frankfurt
am Main. Phone +49 69 7903 256 and fax +49 69 7903 219.